Are wireless smart homes in New York City a good idea?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were limited to hard-wired components joined through a long installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has transformed the industry and introduced a world of opportunities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in New York City is a good option for you and your family? Find out what you need to know about wireless solutions.
What you should know before switching to wireless
The backbone of any wireless setup is a secure link to the internet. Consistent, fast internet and a compatible wireless router are the main ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in the last few years, consider making the change now to benefit from the latest performance improvements.
If you live in an area without dependable high-speed internet or cell coverage, you could be better off with a hard-wired setup. And, it might make more sense from a financial standpoint to stick with a current configuration if you move to a house already wired for security.
Network and utility outages can take place no matter where you live. To address this concern, find security options with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in New York City?
The central aim of any home security system is to protect your family from dangers like break-ins and fire. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to benefit from the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top option. By installing a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your entryways or view real-time footage from your phone? A wireless smart home provides a degree of access you’ve never had. You can investigate or change settings of any incorporated components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it may also reach you. If a device is activated, an alert will be sent instantly to your cell phone app. You’ll always be notified when something happens, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired components, you can place wireless ones just about anywhere. Would you like to have a video camera on your desk or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in New York City have proven reliable and useful, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You may have to switch out batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of an interruption when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will alert you when battery life is depleting and usually last for several years without needing a replacement.
● Device placement. There might be restrictions on how far you are able to install wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This isn’t a problem in the majority of homes, but you ought to find out about the restrictions prior to installing.
● Threat of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the threat of hacking is there. But you can considerably lower this risk by incorporating hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in New York City today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll enjoy having access to your New York City security system from any location. Dial (332) 877-9062 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.