Daily home deliveries have become standard for many people due to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having goods left right at your door, but there is a downside. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a serious issue, but you can protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they give you significantly more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’re sure to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a New York City video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with whoever’s at your door, and get immediate notifications whenever something arrives.
The easiest way to find out how a New York City video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various perks it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that consists of the faces of people on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- Vivid images any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the point of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to get instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your main entry? Bi-directional audio lets you find out their purpose for being there. You could even use this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you minimize false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view real-time and saved video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to engage with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even allow you to speak with the person at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.