How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your New York City smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete command of your New York City home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it will help you and check out tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in New York City help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can carry out:
- View live or recorded video from any linked surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in New York City by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in New York City
Although various users can be entered when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the information to send an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new New York City smart home. Dial (332) 877-9062 to learn more.