Tips to cut down on false alarms in New York City
False alarms may become a real problem for your home’s security. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they can also decrease the confidence you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you can do some things to minimize false alarms from your New York City security system.
As the first step, be sure that everything is installed properly. This might sound like common sense, but it frequently happens that overlooked miscues lead to false alarms. Next, check out possible culprits of false alarms, such as a back door that may be left ajar by accident. And of course, feel free to use the many tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in New York City.
Might it be really that straightforward? Read on and find out.
Numerous false alarms in New York City are avoidable
Just like you would address any concern, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Ensure all your components are set up properly from your end by:
- Executing a system analysis via your smart hub.
- Physically check each device to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your system isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all new smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Call your service specialist if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your New York City home. They'll gladly dispatch a tehnician to check your equipment.
Check your entry points
When your system appears to be installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do an investigation of the house. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or do you find some inadvertently cracked? If an access point remains open, it could activate an activated sensor. If your clan routinely forgets to shut a door, you could install a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows require additional hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who prefers to rest with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it easy to disengage that sensor while still guarding the remaining areas of the residence.
Home automation tends to be an effective method to cut down on false alarms in New York City
One of the smartest techniques to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you are home and avert false alarms that result from mistakenly unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically set again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart front door lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the driveway, then disengage when you return.
- Receive smartphone updates when your implements notice abnormal movements or require a new battery.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you can disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in New York City with a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, call (332) 877-9062 or send in the following form.