What should you do if your New York City home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family – against the many risks you may encounter, like theft, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your New York City home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often shocking, disorienting, and might cause panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and abide by these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In New York City Sounds
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your pulse is racing. But staying calm is the optimal way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency on your own but instead permit your monitoring staff and first responders to do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your primary concern should be your family members and moving them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might mean moving to an appointed secure area as far away from entrances as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s smoke or a fire, please vacate your home immediately.
- Grab your smartphone. The vast majority of individuals keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you could neglect to pick it up during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and receive notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in New York City goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The guideline they follow is based on the type of emergency. To illustrate, if the emergency is of a medical nature, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most frequent sort of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you using the central command panel. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t prompt a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is called next.
- If you still can’t be reached, nearby law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with the monitoring team, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even if you're unable to verify the emergency.
Get protection for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in New York City
Stay ready for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in New York City from Vivint. Dial (332) 877-9062 to begin customizing your property’s defense today.