Features to look for in a home security camera in New York City
So many homeowners in New York City want to see what’s going on at their property when they are not home This is a principal reason why security cameras are one of the best components to think about as you design your home security system. Even though independent cameras will be of use when installed appropriately, they’re even more powerful when incorporated into your home’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in New York City? You’ll be pleased to discover these critical devices come with more features than ever before. You may view real-time streams from indoor cameras or warn those lurking about with built-in deterrents from outside cameras. Just open your Vivint app or touchscreen smart hub and you can direct all your cameras.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in New York City
Versatile and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your residence’s defense to a different level. These vital aspects of your home security system can be found with an impressive range of features like 2-way talk, night vision, and customizable zones. Explore the available options below.
- Effective deterrents: Install a surveillance camera that can take immediate action. If odd activity is observed by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will form on the outside of the camera lens and a loud warning will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision sensors provide clear images of your property any time of day. Your cameras will also keep their visibility when zooming in on specific spots.
- Cloud storage: Look for devices with recording and storage cloud options and the ability to review clips straight from your smartphone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s home security cameras in New York City are typically linked to a helpful app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to review current footage or saved clips and even engage or disengage your security. The Vivint App will deliver an update to your phone whenever the cameras are triggered.
- Motion detectors: Integrated motion detectors means your cameras will engage when unusual action occurs. You’ll also be alerted with a notification on your phone.
- Talk to anyone at your door or loved ones: Would you like to touch base with your kids after school? Do you have a visitor at your main entry? Modern home security cameras, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way talk so you may converse with anyone detected by your camera.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your outside cameras should give you no less than a 120° view. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Custom zone coverage: This benefit provides the opportunity to program the precise part of your property you want your camera to cover. This is important to better define the activity you watch as you aren’t going to require updates each time an automobile drives by on the street.
Design your own smart home
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in New York City. The next step is to design your own custom Vivint smart home. Dial (332) 877-9062 to get started or fill out the form below to reach out to our home protection and automation experts.